Friday, August 15, 2014

Sheepy's Alp Adventure: August 5, 2014 - August 14, 2014

Getting to Chamonix on August 5th took some doing: (Fly into Pisa, take train to Turin, then take bus to Chamonix, then take taxi to hostel in Taconnaz. But we'll skip over that from now.

Here's where I went in the alps:


Here's the schedule:
     August 5: Fly to Pisa, train to Turin, train to Chamonix
     August 6: Plan
     August 7: ride to Argentiere. Over col de balme to Trient, then over Fenetre de Arpette to Champex-Lac (walking)
     August 8: To Le Chable (walking). To Les Ruinettes (cable car). To Col de La Chaux, Col de Louvie, Col de Prafleuri, Cabane de Prafleuri (walking).
     August 9: To Lac de Dix, Col de Riedmatten, Arolla (walking). To Les Hauderes (bus). To La Sage (walking).
     August 10: To Col du Tsate, Cabane de Moiry (walking).
     August 11: To Col de Sorebois, Sorebois (walking). To Zinal (cable car). To Forcletta, Gruben (walking)
     August 12: To Augustbordpass, St Niklaus, Zermatt (walking).
     August 13: To Chamonix (train)
     August 14: To Geneva for plane (train)

And here are pictures!

this is not me. It's someone who needs a haircut.

this is me looking at mont blanc

this is me on the border of switzerland and france

this is a swiss trail sign.

this is me looking at the Glacier du Trient

this is me at the fenetre de arpette

this is some scenery

this is 6:30 in the morning

this is 7:00 in the morning

this is me in front of some mountains

this is me going THAT way.

this is some more scenery

yup.

and again.

this is me in front of some lake.

more scenery. Switzerland is scenic.

it's the Grand Desert

FLOWERS!

more scenery

me looking at epic scenery.

more scenery

glaciers and such.

mountains and such.

more mountains.

huge glacier.

scenery

so ... thirsty ...

you know the drill by now.

and more.

glacier du moiry


icefall up close

more glacier and mountains

i'm in the cabin looking at the icefall. it's warm.

moar hiking!

MOAR

cloudiness.

apparently one of the best views of the alps. At the Forcletta

view improving??

final pass (augustbordpass)

not a bad view.

1 comment:

  1. That last picture, wowzers.
    Sheepy I think you should get a new furry friend. I liked the photos of you and Eli together :(

    ReplyDelete